Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thanks a whole lot BBC

I broke down and watched Doctor Who last night and man - the guy who wrote the other 2 spooky episodes (Unearthly child and the one about Mdm. Depompadeur) has managed to write another truly creepy show. Great - my childhood nightmares have popped up in the most recent episode. The weeping angels - I swear someone has peeked into my brain and knows how to completely creep me out. I mean, statues that move when you aren't looking and are secretly out to get you with their nasty toothy grabby arms? Nightmare city.
Gak.
And me with a husband who, for a time, moved a cardboard cutout around the house to scare the crap out of me occasionally by me seeing shadowy figures watching me from darkened rooms while I'm home "alone".
Yes. Hilarious.

But hey, I don't need to sleep - I can stay awake and not blink for at least a week.
Then I'll start hallucinating and it won't matter anyways...

4 comments:

Magnus said...

eading that makes me realise something: I am going to have a whole lot of fun toying with you when I move start at the UofS

Geosomin said...

OH crap...

Pacian said...

I liked that episode too. Laboured though it may have been in some points.

Betty said...

I love that episode! Including the utterly, utterly gratuitous montage at the end, whose single purpose is clearly to make small children (and susceptible adults) deathly afraid of all statues, everywhere. If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who said that episode literally gave her nightmares.

By the way, "Human Nature" is now -- finally -- on its way to you.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...