Tuesday, June 17, 2008

They were the most beautiful skies...they always had little fluffy clouds in them

Last night I went to bed early.
Then I slept in and didn't run.
I LOVE sleep :)
I think I may have caught up from a few very busy days.

On saturday night KraftyKuts from the UK was here in town and he played a fantastic set of breaks. Despite the smaller crowd (a hip hop opening act sort of drove off some of the crowd) he played a great set - even some Beastie Boys and Chemical Brothers and Simion came up. The final track was a remix of Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve...an old favourite of mine. Made me grin ear to ear...I stayed up all night - haven't done that in ages. The event ended just in time for J and I to drive up to the train bridge and settle in all snuggled in a blanket and watch a most spectacular sunrise. It was beautiful. A great evening all in all. Then home to bed...as I had to help my sister in law paint her baby-to-be room the next day.
Eep.
I did survive (tho at first, I was thinking I might fall off the ladder painting!) and after a while I woke up and had a good time - She, Mum-in-law and I did 2 walls green and 2 yellow, with a light blue ceiling sky complete with fluffy clouds all over, courtesy of moi. It turned out very well, considering I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do it at first (they're very trusting these people!). All she has left to do is the wall paper border with jungle animals on it...not too shabby. I took a photo and if it turned out I'll stick it up later tonight - the lighting was odd so I don't know how well it turned out.
After a father's day BBQ we came home to veg...and now it's back at the world.
So needless to say a lot of sleep sure was nice last night. I feel almost human now :).

1 comment:

the Bag Lady said...

Sounds like a great weekend - especially the snuggling to watch the sunrise!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...