Sunday, January 13, 2008

A meme for a dull sunday

Because it's very dull to not only work on the weekends, but because watching an acrylamide gel stain and destain is the equivalent of paint drying...I give you my monthly what is up over here meme to fill in a bit of time:

Current clothes: Lime green tshirt, black specs, jeans, blue fuzzy socks and boots. My underwear colour is none of your concern.

Current mood: Bored. I've done a lot of work this weekend, which is good, but I'm in the final stretch of things that is a lot of doing and waiting...and I'm not very good at amusing myself.

Current music: Endangered Species - Nickodemus. Great CD. I recommend it. I dare you to listen to it without dancing or at least tapping your foot to one of the songs. This guy is good.

Current annoyance: This weekend work thing. I volunteered, as we're behind from the strike and I do get paid for it...I'd just rather be at home. J took me out for lunch which was nice, but I'm still stuck here for another hour or so. Boo.

Current thing: Marvelling at the normality of everything. It's been rush rush crazy wierd and now all of a sudden it's all back to slow normal. I don't quite know what to do about it. It's nice...it's just been so long since I've thought "I'm bored" I don't quite know what to do about it.

Current desktop picture: A picture of minimoose and a gift.

Current book: Just starting the Golden Compass.

Current song in head: Funky in the Middle - Nickodemus.

Current DVD in player: Logan's Run. I picked it up a while back in the $5 bin and got around to watching it last night. I remember it being way cooler when I was small. It suffers from 1970s dear-god-this-is-painfully-slow-in-the-middle-itis, but effects and ideas? Still cool. And it has a rambling old man with cats and a space pod city blowing up at the end, so it ain't all bad..

Current refreshment: Cool. Clear. Water.

Current worry: Will the gels I run work out so I don't have to come in and do more overtime. I hope so. I'd so like to be done this project...

Current thought: I wonder if the hospital cafeteria is open...I could use a cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Pacian said...

Also, Logan's Run has a naked Jenny Agutter.

Betty said...

I picked up Logan's Run on DVD a couple of years ago, and was surprised by how well it held up compared to my memories of it. Although it's a whole different experience watching it from this side of thirty...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...