Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Extreme living

It's a positively warm and sunny day out...only -35 with the wind.
Think I'll go for a swim...there's a tiny part of the river that isn't frozen solid yet...how lovely.

Your legs should not freeze pins and needles solid while waiting for the bus is all I'm saying. It's just not polite for the world to be so chilly unless it's a weekend. Then I could just stay in and drink tea and watch movies all day.

Working when it's this cold is rather silly...I'm just not that important I'm afraid! It's odd how you get used to the extreme cold and life goes on regardless. If we were smarter we'd all declare it a stay home day.

I'd be up for it.
Who's with me?

2 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Geosomin - you're a life-long Canajun, aren't you? You should know by now that nothing shuts down until it's -40!! Sheesh.

Mind you, the Bag Lady is with you on this one - no-one should have to go out when it's below -30C. Including lowly ranch-hands. Except, where would we put all these cows? The barn isn't big enough for all of them at once!

Reb said...

Geosomin I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment. Especially waiting for a bus when it's that cold. I imagine like Edm, there aren't shelters at each stop either.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...