Friday, June 16, 2006

The universe exploded 'cause of one man's lie


Mm Hmmm, Sha la....
Got U2 on the brain this morning after my morning walk. I must say that a good soundtrack for a brisk walk by a river on a foggy morning is Achtung Baby. I've been on a U2 kick lately, listening to all of their albums that I have around (even the Passengers CD, which was a favorite of mine for study music in university) and after a week I still can't decide if Zooropa, Achtung Baby or Pop are still my favorite U2 album...although Johnny Cash might swing things to his side in the end.
It is strange how may U2 songs are linked to significant memories of mine...Zooropa is linked to a wonderful New Year's morning a few years ago when I awoke with the realisation that I was engaged, One was the song playing on the airplane channel when I flew over to Ireland, Achtung Baby reminds me of my summer in Vancouver, Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car brings back many a Mr. Macphisto-like singing fest in my car while commuting to a summer job, Lemon reminds me of summer afternoons spent goofing around with my brother and seeing the Pop concert is linked to so many songs and memories...but I digress.

Sorry I can't hang around. I have a bunch to do today and then I'm taking off early with J to go up to the lake and visit my parents for the weekend. I can't wait. Dad's fixed up the place and just maybe we'll be llucky and it's not raining up there. Hope you all out there have a nice weekend!

I gotta go...
Yeah I'm running out of change
There's a lot of things, if I could, I'd rearrange

5 comments:

Magnus said...

Pop? Bleaaahh... Zooropa imho, but Boy über alles.

Geosomin said...

Boy?
I don't know. Good album, They're all good (well except for the brooding last half of "all that you can't leave behind") but I'm more partial to their overprocessed stuff myself.

Unknown said...

Johnny Cash kicks Bono's ass any bleeping day!

The Man in Black, I Shot a Man in Reno, the list goes on...

Henry Rollins' rant about how he hates U2 is hill-air-ee-us!

But his rant about Tom Waits...oh my Gut!

Magnus said...

Having met Henry and finding him to be quite cool, I would also advise Mr. Rollins to look to himself before sticking it to others in the entertainment field.

Geosomin said...

I agree...Cash kicks ass, Rollins is OK sometimes, but his yelling rendition of "I love New York City (Oh yeah New York City)" is...umm..crap. Makes me giggle.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...