Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Experimental boozery

I was given a recipe for homemade Kahlua, so I decided to start some up tonight. It takes about a month so it will be ready or christmas. My J is a girly drinker and I admit I too am a sucker for Kahlua and milk, so I am looking forward to a tasty holiday. I seems really easy compared to wine...more on the level of lemoncello. It is easy peasy. All you need is:

4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup decent instant coffee
3 1/2 c sugar
3 c vodka
1 vanilla bean, cut into 3 and slit open a bit

You dissolve the coffee and sugar in the hot water, add the bean and bring to a boil. After this cools, you just put it in a jar with the vodka and put a lid on it and ignore it in a warm place for a month. After you remove the bean it's ready to drink, and should be kept refrigerated from then on.
Currently the coffee syrup is cooling, and once it is combined with ze booze in my sterilized 2 L jar, it will be left alone until Christmas eve.
I am excited...just in case the blueberry wine is a flop we have this.
Yum.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...