Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The power of words

For a year now I've gotten to see, through an internet blog, how a young couple who remind me so very much of my J and I have been dealing with how he, "Wash", has been dying of brain cancer. His wife Tashi has posted through it all, for venting, for support, to live and show the world what love and death are like. They married young and only had a year together, as she studied forensic science and he studied to be an architect. They were sci fi geeks, with a deep love and curiosity for life...and then a rare form of brain cancer changed Wash's life, and Tashi dropped her life to be with him and care for him. For almost 2 years...a remarkable length of time.
Last night Wash faded in to unconsciousness and went to hospice end care. Soon his light will be gone and his ashes will be collected and placed in a tardis urn, for his next big adventure. I have never met them...but I feel like I have. It is strange, but I mourn with Tashi, and I am glad that Wash is free from the pain now and free from a body that was keeping him prisoner. I hope that life begins anew for Tashi...in whatever form it becomes. I hope she can find a joy again in her life as time passes.

Rest well Wash King.
We will sing for you.
The universe will sing you to your sleep.

1 comment:

Geosomin said...

"And, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine.
That all the world will be in love with night.
And pay no worship to the garish sun."

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...