Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Ow

If you ever thought it might be fun to swallow boiling hot food, don't.
Last night, after a long miserable evening I warmed up some baked oatmeal to eat and took a big mouthful to discover it was too hot. I have a retarded swallow reflex and instead of spitting it out like a normal person, my lovely brain decided to swallow the burning hot food...and it burned all the way down, getting stuck in my throat as only oatmeal can do. I had a cold drink but couldn't eat after that. It hurt.
This am it's still sore, but at least I can eat again, albeit carefully. Managed some lukewarm coffee too... we're going out for a tasty christmas work lunch so I'm hoping my throat won't hassle me and I can enjoy my meal.

Sucky end to a sucky day.

meh.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...