Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Furry friends

Poor Gavin has a cold. I worry a bit, as he's pretty old. He seems to still have lots of energy...he just sounds snuffly when he purrs and is sneezing. With any luck he won't pass it to the Geek, but we'll keep an eye on them. Both of them have panic attacks for cars and vets, so I won't put them through that unless they need some extra help. They are 15 so they don't bounce back like they used to, so we're keeping an eye on them...it's hard not to worry. We love them...things like this remind us that they are only with us for a while...a very fuzzy purry while. I left J curled up with 2 cats this morning when I left for the gym...I'm sure he would have been purring with them if possible. It was very cute to see all my guys curled up together asleep.

Friends of ours just lost their furfriend. I am sad with them -she was a sweet one. Some people have "pets". For me, and others like them their pets are family. It makes me want to go home and give the cats some sort of eternal youth elixir...I know I've had Geek about longer than I have had J about. And I'm so grateful for all that time...

That's a lot of head butts and skritches. :)

3 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Hope Gavin feels better soon.

Geosomin said...

He's on the mend :)

Anonymous said...

Glad Gavin's better. I still miss and dream about Sharky and the others, but mostly Sharky.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...