Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Fringing

We went to see Die Roten Punkte at the Fringe Festival last night - they outdid themselves this year. They're a mock 80's german rock band comedy with music...really entertaining. If you get the chance, head out to your local fringe festival...you get to see fantastic (albeit sometimes utterly bizarre) theatre for very little, and support a lot of upcoming artists. It's my favourite festival in Saskatoon...they shut down the streets here and there are 4 venues with plays all day and street performers, yummy food and great theatre. I've seen a few shows and hope to get to a few more over the next few days.

It's been busy here doing a lot of MSc work, but we were able to get away and visit my Dad for a few days on the long weekend and do a bit of fishing and relaxing. It was good to see him and he appreciated the visit...he's doing much better, and I'm glad to know he's OK.

Nose to the grindstone, yes sir. Just thought I'd stop in to let you all know I'm doing great.
Hope you all are too :)

2 comments:

Rimshot said...

Thanks for the musical 'heads-up'. Who doesn't love a mock 80's german rock band comedy with music?

Geosomin said...

Just say "Death: Live!" tonight and it was by far the best of festival for me. Anyone in the Edmonton fringe area check it out. It's one of the best theatre experiences I have had in years...absolutely fantastic!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...