Tuesday, September 01, 2009

This one time, at Ubercamp...

I just had a nice weekend away near Slave Lake - last camping trip of the summer.
The weather was great and the friends were wonderful (as always). I got to visit and catch up with people I haven't seen in ages, and we all had a great time camping together at Ubercamp. I wish it had been longer.
Slave lake is such a massive lake that it is always very humid near there. While it got up to the high 20s during the day it cooled off to ~6 degrees at night. This made for the most amazing layer of foggy mist for about 3m high in all directions...yet you could still see the starry sky and milky way above you...beautiful! We remembered LED rechargable christmas lights this year, so we strung them around so we could find our campsite, even in the mist! It was like wandering about in a zombie film...only without the zombies. I definitely prefer the lack of zombies on a camping trip.

We took monday off to relax and settle back in. That was nice idea...
As an added bonus, today is J's birthday, and the lighting gear I ordered for him arrived in time (muahahah) so he is spending his birthday today playing with his new kit. He took his birthday off so he can stay at home and relax. I'm jealous! I got up and made him breakfast on my way out the door today - blueberry lemon scones... Mmm...

Happy Birthday J. Love you.

1 comment:

the Bag Lady said...

Sheesh - you were practically at my doorstep if you were in Slave Lake! (Well, okay, a few more hours away, depending on where on the lake you were! :))
Glad you had a zombie-free camping trip!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...