Monday, September 17, 2007

Journey to the Ultraworld.

Had a lovely time friday night.
My most excellent birthday present (and christmas too..) for J finally came and we sat down to enjoy it on friday night. It was a Galaxy light. It essentially shines a blue sky with green laser stars and an adjustable moving milky way cloud. This all projects on the ceiling. It is, without a doubt, the coolest thing I have ever seen, light wise. Photos do not do it justice.

So we sat and relaxed under the stars, sipping white wine and nibbling on cheese ans raspberries and talking and just enjoying being together, while listening to The Orb's "Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld" double CD in it's entirety. It seemed fitting to listen to the music that starts in earth and slowly moves through lunar orbit, out of the galaxy and to ultraworld, where the huge pulsating brain at the centre of the universe is. (If you haven't heard this CD before - do. It is my all time favorite CD). We nicknamed a few of the stars in the projection: The centre is Ultraworld, and I picked out a few moving constellations Catteus Loafus and Caseus.

The rest of the weekend was more busy, business what with misc. house stuff to be done and then volunteering fro the pledge drive in the evenings and all, but it was so nice to just sit and relax and be together...it's been a while since we've been able to do that. On saturday night we just happened to run into a friend on the way home from the pledge drive and he invited us out to a local party he was at to celebrate Mexican Independence day. So we wandered by and helped celebrate the victory back in 1710 over Spain, sat by a fire, drank some tequila in a toast to goodness and freedom(actually found a tequila I liked), met some new people and danced to some Mexican music. Had a nice detour of a time before heading home.

And now - it's crazy time. I am volunteering every evening all evening after working all day on a new very tricky project that must work the first time...and we're leaving this weekend to go to Edmonton, where J will be playing a set of music and doing some music work with a friend. What I'll do I'm not sure, but I bet after this week, just sitting outside doing nothing will be a treat...


PS - I haven't forgotten the tag Pacian...I just might not be able to get to it for a bit. But I will, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does look like a really cool gift. Did I say really cool? I meant reeeaaallly cooool.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...