Friday, January 05, 2007

Anyone got snow tires?

COmpared to our old car, our new car gets stuck easily. It's got sport tires and combine that with the fact that our old car was easy to get unstuck and weighed approximately the same as a soda cracker, I'm still working out how to drive the new car in the snow and slush. I'm not doing so well so far.
I felt like an ass last night as I managed to get the car stuck on a reasonably flat surface (to be fair it was icy) half a block from our house. It was assinine - one tire was slipping and spinning and the rest were fine...the car had decided it wouldn't move...and to make it worse I had to wake up J from a well needed sleep after a few nights of insomnia to get dressed, trudge out and try to get the car out (I had managed to get it properly stuck in the middle of a street and he needed it for work at 5AM). It took the neighborhood kid and 4 of his friends who happened to stop by and help to push us out. Twice. And then J couldn't sleep after that. So he had another night of insomnia and had to go to work on about 2 hours sleep for the third day in a row. Consequently, I couldn't sleep either as I felt like a jerk...

And so today I am exhausted, guilty and frustrated. I really hope J makes it through his day so he can crash. Me? Who knows? This funk has to lift sometime right? Just when I fell I'm getting it together, whatever "it" is it goes buggering off somewhere else.

Think I'll look into snow tires...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in a bit of a funk last afternoon, but then I went to T&T Market (Asian grocery store) and discovered that they had packages of natto for sale. Mmmmm....

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...