Friday, January 12, 2007

Achy Breaky Back

Whew ... we spent the evening shovelling out the entire back alley to get the car in and out. We can drive back there now and the car can be tucked away safely at night and plugged in. We still have a bit more to shovel in the yard, but we called it off as we'd had enough and went in and had a warm biscuity supper, relaxing in the warm house. Hopefully the cold will only last another few days before getting back into not “killing you when you ago outside” ranges.
It’s still obcenely cold (-42 with the wind) but the world is digging out of the snow again and all the main roads are cleared out so we can all get around and get food and the like. I actually enjoyed taking the bus the past few days. I'm learning to appreciate a lot of things the past few days...as well as wonder what posessed people to move out here in the frozen prairies. My grandpa lived out here in his twenties in a wood/sod shack with paper windows and a wood stove...I'm now in awe of him. I wouldn't last a week without my toasty house.
It’s the weekend so I'll be drywalling and sleeping and making muffind for our neighbors who kept pushing us out when we got stuck last week as thanks. I’m sure I can find a lot of stuff to do inside to keep busy.
If not I'll just have to eat some munchies and nap a lot…how tragic.

2 comments:

afrobev said...

Sounds too much like hard work all that shovelling. If you don't mind me asking. What's a biscuity supper? Is it just biscuits?

Geosomin said...

Well...it's mostly just biscuits.
I feel I should say we had stew, but mostly biscuits...with cheese and herbs in them. Yum. Essentially a tiny bit of stew, just enough to justify a whole lot of biscuits.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...