Thursday, April 17, 2008

Labrats anonymous

Blah blah blah.
I ran about 6 K this morning...I'm a bit tired.

I'm having an "thing" with my current research project.
I fixed one big problem with it and another little one has arisen out of the mist to make faces at me and fart in my general direction...Damn.

The thing about working with living bacteria, DNA and cells is...well...they are alive and have (as crazy as it may sound) an attitude some days.
After days like today, offering someone fries with their burger sounds rather appealing...WAY less things to go wrong. :)

But then, like today, I bang my head and use my little brain of mine to solve the problem and feel like the Queen of town after.
So it all evens out in the end.
Such is the joy and curse of research science.
All in the days work of a labrat...I confess I'm hooked no matter what.

5 comments:

Magnus said...

Your security is in-house at the UofS. apply for a job with them.

the Bag Lady said...

Your job sounds much more interesting than mine - especially as it snowed overnight, it's cold and frosty, and the Bag Lady has to bundle up and go check cows. Wanna switch?

Pacian said...

It's only when the bacteria start working together that you have to worry.

Magnus said...

Bacteria of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains!

Geosomin said...

I'm waiting for them to start spelling out messages on the media plates...


"there's a message in my cheerios! It says 'oooooooooooooooo'!!"

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...