Monday, July 31, 2006

Recpectfully Inventing myself

There's a neat little personality test I found (thanks to Pacian) that
says that I am a Respecttful inventor. It's a pretty accurate test and actually had a bit of advice that I think would be helpful for me. Things like:
Try letting your insight into the world and trust of others allow you to understand the feelings of those around you.
Try applying your creativity to more artistic arenas, and letting your imagination take less practical forms.
While you know how much can be learned from observing your world, remember that much of life can be lived by experiencing it, not just understanding it.


All the gritty details are here:
My Personal Dna Report


A bit simplified, but true.

3 comments:

Magnus said...

Low masculinity? I mean, I never thought you were butch but I never thought of you as frou-frou and girley-ish either. Frankly, I thought of as a - and I mean this in the best way possible - "broad": one of the guys but still very much a woman.

Geosomin said...

I know, that was the only real quibble I had with it.
Girly I am not. I mean I clean up nice on occasion, but for the most part I'm just one of the guys...think it came with growing up under my brother and idolising him and wanting to be just like him. Guys tend to be more on the level and honest. Plus so much of girlyism is so very fake...as someone once said "I don't want to hear what some vapid chorus girl has to say about the porpoises".
I remember getting ready for the wedding my Dad kept cracking "you realise you'll have to wear that dress for the *whole* day right?".
No worries of offending - I have often thought of myself as a "broad"...just a polite, irritatingly happy one.

Pacian said...

Well, I'm not a big fan of gender roles, but it's worth pointing out that femininity is not necessarily the same thing as girliness.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...