Friday, February 22, 2008

Yowling Science of Paint

Thorugh significant and colourful experimentation, I have come to the conclusion that our cat Gavin either loves the Beastie Boys or hates them.

Tonight I was doing some painting of a chair (yellow) and a tool rack (red) in my mad scientist closet and was listening to some Beastie Boys...and the cat kept howling along. Not just any howl, but full out yowling, echoing in the shower operatic "he's here the Phantom of the Opera!" sort of yowls, and only stopped when I turned off the music when I was done. Gavin loves to sing and yowl at night (while we (try) to sleep) but this was a special opera just for me, the boys and the mixmaster himself. This has happened before...only when J is at work (when he is home I, music and everything but food do not exiist for this cat...). I may have J try it out next time I'm out and see if he gets the same effect.

A little more solidity to my theory? Well, now that I'm washed up, have administered tummy rubs to both cats and made some tea and put on Moby...nothing.
Hmmm...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first dog I had would sing along to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and ONLY "Crazy Little Thing Called Love".

I guess it's the same with animals and humans, some songs just 'speak' to you (no pun intended)

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady's dog sings along with the coyotes, but that's probably just nature. The Princess also has very strict rules about dancing. Dancing is simply not allowed.
On the other hand, the Bag Lady's previous dog would dance with her, or the Cowboy. And sing along with the Cowboy and Marty Robbins...

Anonymous said...

My cat Thor would get very purry and happy every time the Bee Gees came on.

the Bag Lady said...

Hey, diddums - Thor was my dancing dog's name! He was THE best dog. I really miss him...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I LOVE the name Gavin. I wanted to name my younger son Gavin James but my husband went and saw X-Men and insisted that we name him Logan after The Wolverine.

Well, not like introducing my son as "Gavin as in Gavin Rossdale of Bush" sounds much better.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

You were painting? To the Beastie Boys? I hope it was "She's Crafty!"

My dog Reagan howls whenever I sing Paul McCartney's 'Silly Love Songs.' Yes, he really does.

grapecat said...

we had a cat once that loved Bach - nothing else. When I played Bach on piano (badly) he'd be purring rubbing and generally making a complete fool out of himself. Beethoven? Which I played considerably better? Nada. that was one pretentious furball.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...