Thursday, March 01, 2007

I am a complete and utter retarded b*stard

I just got my husband to arrange to leave work and drive all the way across town to come get me at lunch to drive across town AGAIN to buy a dress form that was on sale that I've wanted for ages and w3as really excited about getting, as it'd allow me to do all kinds of things in my sewing for myself that I couldn't before. To get the deal (40% off) I needed my membership card from the sewing store. This morning I looked to check that it was in my purse. The punch card from the store and a gold card were there and I'd looked at them in my purse last night too. I saw it and thought-Card-got it. Did I bother to actually pull it out of my purse and confirm?No...I thought that would be rediculous that it wouldn't be there...Too lazy and stubborn to look at a fucking card...because where else would it be? Where else indeed...fuck.
Pardon my french but I'm so angry at myself right now I can barely speak...I keep doing things like this and I'm furious at myself. I'm quite sure J is too, as he keeps trying to help me and put up with my inability to check things and jsut assuming things are where they are because they couldn't possibly be anywhere else. He even called before he left to make sure all was good and I had everything. I even recall being a bit miffed as I said - sure I checked this morning. Thing is, I have a very bad habit of forgetting things and he's good enough to ask me and remind me. And did I double check again? No I just said I had it, as I remembered seeing the gold card this morning. And so I managed to do a lof of stuff for absolutely nothing. Damn it.

We get to the store and wait 10 minutes to be served. And tehn go to the till? And what is in my wallet -No fucking card. It was a different gold card I'd seen in a rush out the door because I had slept in and was behind and nearly forgot my ipod and I just couldn't take 1 little minute to double check...Because I'm a stupid idiot who can't be bothered to check. Wouldn't blame J personally if he didn't talk to me for the day,as this isn't the first time I"d done something like this and I know I'm angry so angry at myself I'm not sure what to do...and I can't even begin to apologise to J for all the inconvenience...because I'm a total tard. and I didn't check well enough...at all.
AND I get no lunch cuz there's no time - J probably doesn't either and have to go back into the lab and do REALLY precise labwork when Im so angry at myself I'm shaking.

Whay can't I do things properly and just pay attention?

F*CK F*CK F*CK

AND city hall is closing the bike path I take to work all summer as they're widening the freeway and haven't fixed the pedestrian lane yet...

FUCK.

I HATE today. I'm an idiot.
I want to crawl under a rock and hide.

6 comments:

MaCanuck said...

Here's where I say something that would result in a great deal of physical pain if I was anywhere within striking distance.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't translate well to blog comments, so just pretend I said something humourous, affirming, but also insulting at the same time, you've, you know, taken a swipe at me with one of those four-foot glass beaker thingies, I've gone down in a pile of glass and blood, and everything is alright. Alright? Okay.

Pacian said...

I want to crawl under a rock and hide.

I know the feeling. :-(

Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. Everyone really does make mistakes - all the time. You shouldn't be disheartened to find yourself no different from the rest of us.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I make mistakes all the time, even when I'm particularly keen not to make any. You know the kind of thing: you don't want to drop something, but it slips; and you don't want the door to swing open, but somehow it does, etc...

My grandmother used to blame the gremlins. :-). She said never to say anything within a gremlin's hearing that would prompt it to make mischief. Such as "I never break things."

...d'oh...

Magnus said...

Wow, It think you've used more salty language in one post then I have all this year on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Glass half full Hun, At least the back and forth across town wasnt Greater Vancouver... And just think! You have the most beautiful new boots in ALL of Saskatoon!! Rejoice!
Cloe

Geosomin said...

aw..you guys...*sniff*

Thanks.

I'm still bumbed but I've wigged out, had a sniffley sit and seem to hacve shifted back into the less-angry salt free version of myself again. I had to vent so I could get some work done. Oh my potty mouth - sorry.
Now I've come home, searched wigged out and calmed down I'll live.
But alas...
Still no card...the lady at the store will hold it for me until tomorrow night...but unless I can find it by tomorrow night no dress form for me.
I'm hoping for some insane reason it is at work in my desk...cuz uit sure ain't here.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...