Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crazy? Don't mind if I do!

You know when you're ranting and yelling at cells in a tube, then trying to coerce them with music and sweet talk to grow, then putting lucky charms on top of the growth chamber that you are, perhaps, spending too much time in the lab.
Thing is, I need these cancer lines to grow up well so I can finish screening the cell lines...before I try and go on holidays and start *other* parts of my project. Living organisms do not always behave normally. Human tissue was never meant to grow in a tube. And for me, they're like the cornerstone I build the rest of my project on.
Stubborn little finicky cornerstones...that I am beginning to think are making little tiny nuclear faces at me behind my back.

I am actually looking forward to going to my Dad's house this weekend. My sis-in-law can't come but my brother is going to instead. And that is just right. I think I need a whole 2 days of no cells to torment me with their non growiness and time away from this project to have a fresh set of eyes for my culture issues.
It might not be restful, but it will be different...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be dreaming about those cells. Maybe in your dream they will grow as high as a mountain. :-)

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...