Friday, May 18, 2007

Going on a holiday....gonna have a good time.



Well...it's a long weekend here thanks to the Queen, so J and I are taking off as soon as we can to go up to my parent's cottage at Little Bear Lake for the weekend and staying until Monday night. I"m all stressed and wigged out by the hecticness of life lately, and like Earl over to my left there, I need a holiday before I start to wig out and see flying flaming skulls and all that sort of thing.

It'll be nice to get away and relax...maybe do some canoeing or fishing. I'll get to jog up there, which I've always daydreamed about doing, so I'm excited about that. It one of my favorite places in the world to be - I relax as soon as I get there. My brother will be up there too, so it's all good. Even if it rains all weekend I'll curl up in an old blanket by the fire and read trashy garage sale novels all weekend while drinking hot chocolate and nibbling on popcorn. Jay needs a break too so I'm looking forward to just veggin in nature...maybe hiking...who knows?


I made my Dad a bunch of wine labels to bring up for him for his latest batches that he just bottled before they went up there- I hope he likes them. Most of them are classyish ones, but one is his face photoshopped onto a guy in a vineyard holding a bunch of grapes labelled Dave's Finest Vintage. I think he'll get a kick out of it...I giggled like an idiot while making it, so I hope so.

Anyways, I'm bloody exhausted and have a whack of stuff to do before I can creep off to start the 3 hour drive, so I'm off.


Have a great weekend all you blogopeoples out there!

3 comments:

Pacian said...

"veggin in nature"

I picture you standing with your feet buried in the mud. Perhaps you will grow taller if it rains!

Magnus said...

Trust me, she doesn't need roots to become a vegetable.

Geosomin said...

I grew a whole inch...:)

And I can imitate broccoli like none other, thank you very much...

It *was* fantastic.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...