Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Soundtrack to My Movie

This was on Betty’s weblog. I think it’s a great idea:
Open up your music player and set it to shuffle. For each line/question hit the next/forward button. Say what song is playing for each line. Don't cheat either, just put the song that comes up. Seeing as I took my iPod with me today, here goes...

Opening Credits: "Sidewalk Surfer Girl" – Super Furry Animals

So far so good. I'd see a movie that started with this.

Waking Up: "The Golden Age (Live)" – The Flaming Lips

Hmmm…a Beck remix by the Lips…a good way to wake up I think.

Falling in Love: "Mother Africa Feeding Sista In" – Fun-Da-Mental/Thievery Corporation

Perhaps my kind of love is a reggae/funky danceable kind of love…?

Fight scene: "Shuffle Your Feet" - The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Damn…I was hoping for some Prodigy. Guess it’s more of a casual friendly having a beer and a game of pool sort of fight…

Breaking up: "One Time Too Many" – PJ Harvey

Yeah OK. Apparently I’ll whine a lot to the music when I break up with someone.

Looking Back On Your Life: "Block Rockin Beats" – Chemical Brothers

Woot. Apparently I have a very rocking life…I see a montage with quick fades and action shots….maybe some explosions…yeah. That’s it.

Getting back together: "Skym" - Underworld
Getting back together in veeeeery slow and mellow kinda way. Slow mo I suspect.

Secret Love: "The Turning Tide" – Super Furry Animals
“Things aren’t as they seem – it’s conspiracy”…cool.

Life's okay: "The Crow" – DJ Food

Ah -a nice mellow life. It’s a song I like to stroll to.

Mental breakdown: "Crooked Teeth" – Death Cab For Cutie
“I built you a hole in my heart, with rotting wood that decayed from the start. You can’t find nothing at all if there was nothing there all along...you’re so cute when you’re slurring your speech- they’re closing the bar and they want us to leave…” Yeah OK. I’ll go with that.

Partying: "Keep the Living Bodies Warm” - Tangiers
Totally. This is dancing like an idiot music.

Long night alone: "Deeper" – Econoline Crush
Yeah…a moody night alone. Kinda dark…maybe gothy or deeply depressed in an artsy kinda way - no ALL the above

Final Battle: "Blackhole" – Beck
Um…well, perhaps a very disjointed mumbly battle.

Death Scene: "Juice (Know the Ledge) – Main Mix" – Eric B. & Rakim
I guess I have a very funky death.

Ending Credits: "Love Angel" – The Gift (Tiesto-Nyana)
Woot – a psytrance credit roll. I like it.

Cool...it's strange to think of how much I have on the machine and this is what came up.
Now I just have to sell J on the idea and we can start filming...

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...