Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The moon is full

image

Yesterday was solstice.
The days will get longer now. More light. More warmth. The boldest and darkest things have come and will now be taken back and replaced with new brighter things.
After spending the evening with fine people snacking, laughing and reflecting I feel refreshed. It always seems like more of a new year to me than January 1. The time when I really can stop and ponder the past year and think about the one to come. Reflect. Wish. Scheme >:)

I find, upon reflection, that I need to take the time to be grateful for so many things:

I am really lucky to have the friends I do. Old and new. You all show me how to be a better person. You care without pause and push me to be better. Teach me when I am wrong. Love me for who I am. Make me laugh. Comfort me when I cry. It is freeing. Thank you.

I am closer with my family than I have ever been after the year that has passed by. Altho I still miss my Mum every day I can find the joy in memories. And the more I do, I remember that you must give love every day in little things. Take the time to appreciate those I care for. To let them know and not save up goodness for some grand future plan - to just share what is with a smile.

My husband and I are close...after so much we are companions of the soul and two geeky peas in an escape pod. He is still the one I see when I wake and smile and know each day that again, today will be a new day. And we will spend it together...and who knows what may come of it!

I am lucky to be healthy. At this moment, I am healthier than I have ever been. I can move and breathe and do everything I want to. And best of all, I have begun to feel comfortable in my own skin. I am slowly settling into whatever I am and will be. The process fascinates me.

I must be conscious that I am still learning. There is so much out there and endless opportunity to take it all in. From the crude and mundane to the new and scientific. So much to know and forget and relearn :)

There is so much to try and experience: I have come to love so many new things this year by being open-minded and curious. I like persimmons...cottage cheese...apple tea...espresso vodka...exercising at stupid o'clock.

Being so busy this past year has shown me just how important the things are to me that I hold dear. These are some of those things.

The moon is full.
As is my heart. :)

Cheers!

4 comments:

Trent said...

Bah, Humbug.

(Well, someone's gotta pick up the slack since Magnus is in Vancouver....)

Rimshot said...

Merry Merry Christmas!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season and that you get an extra portion of all that's good.

Pacian said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

:-D

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...