Wednesday, May 21, 2008

But...my summer holidays...

I just found out that a summer staple for me - Motion Notion electronic music festival - may be in it's last year this year...my last one. It is, to me, my summer holiday.
It has been going for 9 years now.
Pity...I bet this last year, if it is indeed the last, will be sublime. It aways filled me up for another year, full of happy juice, with a whole weekend of camping and music and good people...I love it. I've gotten to know a lot of really amazing people through Motion Notion...and had so many great memories. I see them all every year, and catch up with them and have a fantastic time in a place I feel absolutely and perfectly at home. It's the highlight of my summer, other than Shambhala...it has a special place in my heart...it was my "first".
Sad to think this may be the end. It' s been growing every year...over 3000 people last year. They had a bit of trouble getting a permit this year...maybe it's just getting too big. the more the merrier I say.

I'm feeling rather wistful at the moment.
Not sure how to take this. It's not the end of the world...it just seems like I'm holding a vigil for something that isn't gone yet...but will be.
And it's a shame.
I really hope another festival rises to take it's place...my soul needs fuel.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...