Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A peom for J on a luvy day

Have you ever seen a sight as beautiful
as that of the rain-soaked purple of the white birch in spring?
Have you ever felt more fresh or wonderful
than on a warm fall night under a Mackerel sky, the smell of grapes on the wind?

Well I have known all these things and the joys that they can bring
And I'll share them all for a cup of coffee and to wear your ring

Have you ever had the pleasure of watching
a quiet winter's snow slowly gathering like simple moments adding up?
Have you ever satisfied a gut feeling
to follow a dry dirt road that's beckoning you to the heart of a shimmering summer's day?

Well I have known all these things and the joys that they can bring
And I'll share them all for a cup of coffee and to wear your ring

And I don't know how I survived those days before I held your hand
Well I never thought that I would be the one
to admit that the moon and the sun shine so much more brighter
when seen through two pairs of eyes than when seen through just one

Have you ever seen a sight as beautiful
as a face in a crowd of people that lights up just for you?
Have you ever felt more fresh or wonderful
as when you wake by the side of that boy or girl who has pledged their love to you?

Well I have known all these things and the joys that they can bring
And now every morning there's a cup of coffee and I wear your ring
__________________________________________________________________________________
I've honestly never heard this song -I just stumbled across the lyrics one day long ago and the last three paragraphs are as close to what I would write about how I feel for J as I have ever found. It's the Anniversary Song...not sure who it's by. I put all the lyrics in...Why? Well, normally I shun Valentines Day on principle, but I'm feeling rather mushy this morning and had to post a little bit of love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.

Okay, umm, here's a poem in return..

Ummmm.....

Oh, pointy birds,
Oh pointy, pointy

Annoint my head,
Anointy-nointy

Happy Love Day, Spark

Thank you for sharing.

-J

Geosomin said...

i heart you too JJ

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...