Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Plastique Monkey

Greetings from the land of community radio. The pledge drive is going pretty well so far.
Call in, say hi & donate - you'd make my week.

We got a great local artist Yuka Yamaguchi to do our pledge drive logo and I've been checking out some of her other work on her website. She's got a lot of her work on her Flickr account too - I love it-It's crazy and strange, but not dark...just really unique. It's reqreshing to see something new. A friend of mine has her piece called You Suck and is how we heard of her in the first place. After a browse through her gallery, I'm liking theTough Skin juicy heart , Mad:Shower, and Reedlik art recipe so far myself. She's may start selling some of her prints soon online...I think I might get one. We've decided that the only things going on our walls are things we like and that we've chosen for a reason - so we're just on thel look out for things we like and if we ever find them and happen to have any $$ at the same time it'll be a match. Hah..like that will happen anytime soon...I think it'll remain jungle plant land for a while yet.
Anyways, I gotta get back at it, but I just had to say, I love her work and I think the proper comment to her & her work would be the traditional japanese compliment that she is like medium strength flour. No she is. Really she is.

1 comment:

Geosomin said...

Oh - sorry. I'm terrible with spelling...

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...