Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Misty morning muncheon

It was really cool this morning. As I walked and jogged along the riverbank the river had mist rising off of it. It's been chilly in the mornings of late, so this is becoming the regular thing...but on the soccer field near our hose the sprinklers were on so the whole field had a cloud of mist all over it, blocking out the sun in a huge orange haze. It was very beautiful. The world was saying good morning in a very nice way.

I feel like I need another weekend! Between all the work on friday with our house and then J's birthday and then my brother moving to Saskatoon, it was a busy weekend. Jay had a good birthday - the Galaxy theatre finally opened so we went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean (finally) and had some of my really dissapointing Dalek Cake. It was supposed to be 3D but it kept tipping over, so eventually It just ended up on it's side. It had white chololate panels and pocky plungers though...I think the image I tried to make in my head was just too complicated. It tasted good though...I also helped my brother and his wife move a bit of stuff and paint a few rooms in their new house. The movers come with their stuff this morning, so they were living with us over the weekend. I felt guilty about it, but having the house all to myself this morning with them away and J at work already was wonderful after a weekend of rushing and working.
Jay and I started a wonderful new tradition this weekend. He came with me on my morning walk/jog on saturday and we found a tiny little beach in the wooded area off the trail I usually take, so sunday morning, when the house was seeming very overcrowded and life was a bit too hectic we loaded up the backpack and went down and sat on a giant rock and watched the sun glint off the river and ate some ryvita with salsa, cheese and avacado on top until we felt ready to hop back into it.
Good for the soul.
But, alas, I am babbling. There is much to be done here....

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...