Tuesday, May 29, 2012

this whirlwind life

Ah. What an insanely busy weekend. SO much got done. I'm really proud of myself. I took friday night to spend with J to relax and psych ourselves up. We went for a long walk, with nothing distracting us.

I was up early saturday and J and I worked hard in the house and in the yard. 
Sunday I was up early again and was out in the front yard weeding. I loathe weeding...but our yard was quite overgrown, and until the vines kick in and cover the weeds it needed some serious love. I spent 5 hours out there (sigh) pulling weeds and trimming trees and it looks much better. I'm glad I did it then and not later, since it started raining in the afternoon and hasn't stopped yet (probably making more weeds...yeesh). J and I ran some errands and then spent a few hours deconstructing my "thesis table" I've had a 21" monitor and all my books and notes covering the kitchen table and surrounding area for about a year now. With family coming this weekend, and me really not using it anymore on my edits, it was time to put the computer stuff back and organize a lot of my notes and reference materials. We have a table again! Hooray! Lastly I did a whack of laundry and got the spare bedroom into a semblance of order and ready for company. Then, finally, we relaxed a well deserved hour of relaxation and had a nice supper. It's so nice to have the deck cleared out and ready to use. I love being out there, rain or shine. I can even edit on my laptop out there now :)
Then (lucky me), both evenings was thesis work. I'm bummed I had to miss out on one of my friend's epic B movie horror nights for it, but it had to be done. In the end I got it about 2/3 edited, which isn't as good as it could have been, but everything we did chore wise HAD to be done and there was nothing to be done except just *do* it. I have more time this week to finish and get my results in to my supervisor by thursday. Then it's the final section over the weekend when my family visits (don't ask how that's gonna work - I haven't figured it out either). It's all coming along...more slowly than I'd like, but I can't just ignore my life completely for my thesis. I feel like I have a grasp on my life again. Last night was more revision...it's getting there. 
I will finish. Oh yes.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...