Monday, January 30, 2012

Geeks for president

My friend Heather just got our tickets for this year's comic con in Calgary. It's in april this year, instead of June and my friends and I are all geared up for a weekend of nerdy goodness. This time I don't have to rush back for anything...I can stay the whole weekend and enjoy. Jay is covering it for work so he'll be there somewhere (likely with backstage press passes...lucky sod). I will be geeking out with my good good friends. Last year was a blast and I can't wait for this year: Adam West. Cast of STTNG. Starbuck. Billy West. George Perez. Dave Prowse. Adam Baldwin. Should be a howl and a half...the costumes and the steampunk stuff last year blew my mind.

This gives me a solid goal to work towards. I'm hoping to have my thesis completed by the time I go to this. THIS is my reward. This will get me going...I need goals. Deadlines that matter to *me*. This will do nicely.

I've finally started picking away at my thesis. Got a solid chunk of work done on saturday and now feel like since I've started I can get at it. Time to buckle down. Get busy on the writing and get it done.

Then a holiday trip to nerdsville...:)

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...