Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Few Questions

I ran across this meme on Zhoen's blog and thought I would have a go. I'm always up for a meme:

What are your current obsessions? barbecuing things, trying new wines and bellydancing

Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? probably my jeans…and my brown zip up jacket with the white zig zag on it.

What's for Dinner? Pizza. It's a pizza party tonight as a reward for our team for fundraising for the Alzheimer's walk (we were the top fundraising team!)

Last thing you bought? Veggies and sour cream to make dip for our potluck today at work.

If you were a God/Goddess who would you be? The goddess of napping in sunbeams

Favorite holiday spots?Anywhere really. I can’t say I’ve had a holiday I didn’t like, as long as there is stuff to do and the odd sunny place for a nap when I am all tuckered out.

Reading right now?The Universe on a Tshirt-just finished it. Good laymans intro to string theory - not as detailed s I'd hoped on some things, but it has a recommended reading list so I think I'll hit the library to learn a bit more about subatomic particle theory (what? it's interesting stuff)

Who or what makes you laugh until you are weak? watching the cats run after each other and either into a wall or into the screen door, knocking it off and then running off madly after... and South Park can make me giggle no matter how lousy of a mood I am in...

Who's your Hero/Heroine? Noone specific…in real life I find anyone can be a hero-even the most unlikely little person. I see heroes at the cancer centre every day...

First Spring Thing? Getting the deck ready. It’s now powerwashed, all the stuff on it is clean and we’re set for a summer of living out on the deck. Now it's time to attack the jungle...

What's the funniest thing you ever saw in your life? Ever ever? I'll list the first few that come to mind. First thing one-When my nephew was 3 he picked up the garden hose smiled at me and then turned the spray nozzle at his face…then squeezed the handle…then sprayed himself…then cried until looked at us and he laughed, as we were all laughing at him with tears running down our faces. Second thing I can think of - honestly the scene in Undercover Brother when the skinny white guy (played by Doogie Howser) pulls a heart out of someone's chest. You have to see it other wise it sounds rediculous...but for some reason I laughed so hard my sides hurt...completely unexpectedly hilarious.

Favourite Film? Hard to choose…changes from day to day, depending on my mood. Amelie was fantastic. Pan's Labyrinth too...

Care to share some wisdom? Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Do what you need to be happy and give a little joy to the world. It's such a simple thing, but it really makes everything else worth it.

If you were a tree, which one would you be, and why?Birch. They look like they are on fire in the fall and I love the sound the wind makes when it blows through them.

Name fictitious characters who made a lasting impression on you. Dorothy and Ozma (of Oz), Alice in Wonderland, Fox in Sox, Gandalf, Sherlock Holmes...man I could go on and on...

Four words to describe yourself: Odd, Contented, Mellow, Geek

2 comments:

Magnus said...

Finally got your pizza party, huh?

Anonymous said...

I'm gobsmacked by your book. :-)
Will have to do this meme... so long since I've done one, and I'm missing them!

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...