Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Some questions I found that make me sound smart

Yet another meme...stolen from Pacian and Diddums

*Your most marked characteristic?
Optimism. I've been teased that I could find something good about anything. Oh…and I’m ridiculously clumsy.

* The quality you most like in a man?
Honesty, wit, intelligence.... and happy eyes

* The quality you most like in a woman?
Sincerity, creativity and individuality

* What do you most value in your friends?
That they choose to share their lives with me and put up with my annoying ways

* What is your principle defect?
That I often assume people won’t like me and am a bit of hermit/shy in social situations as a result

* What is your favourite occupation?
napping, reading, eating, walking in the woods…OK and if I'm honest, nookie too. They all tie for top spot.

* What is your dream of happiness?
Everyone being content with what they have, and noone having to be lonely

* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
To be lonely

* What would you like to be?
More conversational and social.

* In what country would you like to live?
I like where I am, but anywhere in England or Ireland would be nice too.

What is your favourite colour?
Yellow or blue. Depends on my mood…I bet you can guess which goes with which :)

* What is your favourite flower?
The gerbera. Such vibrant colours.

* What is your favourite bird?
Penguins

* Who are your favourite prose writers?
Nick Hornby, Chuck Palahniuk…only ones that pop into my head at the moment.


* Who are your favourite poets?
A few on the top of my head…Charles Baudelaire, Voltaire, EE Cummings, Robert Browning, the odd Shakespeare Sonnet and although I’m not a huge fan of W. Yeats, one of my favorite poems (He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven) is his:
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

* Who are your favourite heroes of fiction?
Here's a few off the top of my head, Vanyel (Mercedes Lackey Valdemar Series), Thomas Veil (Nowhere Man), Number 6 (The Prisoner), James Bond, Aragorn and Gandalf (Lord of the Rings), Han Solo, Dumbledore, Arthur Dent (could you call him a hero?)

* Who are your favourite heroines of fiction?
Eowyn (The Lord of the Rings), Jane Eyre, Red Sonja, Brynna the weapons master (Mercedes Lackey Valdemar series)...you know...it's harder to think of heriones at the moment...I wonder why?


* Who are your favourite composers?
Beethoven, Handel, John Williams, William Orbit

* Who are your favourite painters/photographers?
Gustav Klimt. Salvador Dali.
Photography – I think sometimes people just have the gift. My friends Trent and Dave are great examples…I enjoy any and all photos of snippits of real life and colors/images that most people wouldn’t think to photograph. It's the little things...

* Who are your heroes in real life?
Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein, David Suzuki, my Dad

* Who are your favourite heroines of history?
Joan of Arc, Marie Curie, Queen Victoria, Florence Nightengale...to name a few

* What are your favourite names?
Names that inspire… that just happen to represent to me a spark of personality and are fun to pronounce, like Telulah, Penelope, Maxwell, Gwenyvere

* What is it you most dislike?
Selfishness, insensitivity and the inability to dream or see beyond the obvious

* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
Confidence and social grace

* How would you like to die?
Um…I took a quiz that said I’d die while making love…that seemed an OK way to go, although I doubt my husband would prefer that. I’d say as an old woman, contented and ready to shuffle off my mortal coil – preferably in my sleep.

* What is your present state of mind?
Happy and optimistic

* What is your motto?
Tied between “Life is Beautiful” and “"voro caseus" which literally translates to "to eat cheese greedily”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last motto! Just 20 minutes before I read your post, I was gobbling a large chunk of Wensleydale and Cranberries. Mmm...

Pacian said...

Ah, penguins.

"Selfishness, insensitivity and the inability to dream or see beyond the obvious"

Excellent answer.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...