Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And then there were gryphons...

I can die happy now.
I've seen gryphons.

I finally went to see the Chronicles of Narnia last night. As I watched I reverted back to my youth and I felt like I was reading the book again and lost in my head for the first time at 5 years of age. Oh sure, I had the odd little quibble, but then the fawn and beavers came...and then finally gryphons flew in and the animals I obsessed over as a child and daydreamed about all my life were real and right there and speaking to Peter. Then Aslan breathed on the statues to bring them back to life and I knew I had to be dreaming. Ever see something that is exactly how you imagined it?

I've always wanted to see a gryphon.
Utterly Fantastic.

Later:

ok...having read this over it sounds like pure treacle, but so help me, even a day later I can't remember having seen a film since LOTR that captured what I had in my head as much as this film did. And so help me there were gryphons. There aren't even words to express why that is such a big deal. It just is.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...