Friday, December 16, 2005

An open letter to the stoners at the theatre last night


Hi.
I'll speak slowly so you get this.
I did not pay $12 to listen to you and your friends talk and giggle and play Mystery Science Theater 3000 to this or any film. If you wanna smoke up before the film I can't stop you and I honestly don't care but SHUT UP DURING THE FILM. If you were as funny as you seem to feel you are, others would flock to you for your wisdom and pay to hear you instead of telling you to shut up from all directions during the film. So guess what? It's late on a Thursday night on the freezing prairies and we just don't care if you've created your own squeaky monkey voice to say "wassup" and do voiceovers every time Kong appears. It's bad enough we have to watch commercials before the film - we don't need your help with the movie itself. I'm sure the director thought it out well enough for me.
Stay home and rent it. The movie I paid to watch is just fine without you.

Thank you.
Now go about your business...if you can remember what it is.

1 comment:

Magnus said...

Stoned or not it is a problem in theatres period. No manners, or impulse control. Pete was saying that some two guys were making comments at the screening he attended for King Kong as well. (I think it was Kong) We went to see "A History of Violence" and this jerk behind us felt it necessary to let everyone know exactly what he thought whenever he had one.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...