Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sh*t Happens

Yesterday because of the tree roots blocking our sewer line we had our sewage backup into our basement. Oh yes. Having a houseful of family visiting made it more interesting. Not as bad as it could have been but much worse than it should have been if only J and I were at home.
After a day of cleaning and bleaching the heck out of my basement I am quite happy to be back in at work today where there is no bleach or mop or other...um... gunk.
Quite the adventure.
In the end after 9 hours of cleanup and the city derooting the drains I found that nothing of real value had been ruined. I had a shower, BBQd, had a nice Strongbow and relaxed. All is restored. And very very clean now.
And hey - I got the day off work!
Sure I would have liked a less smelly and slightly more sanitary way to get it, but I'll take it.

Heh heh...be careful what you wish for!

2 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I've been in your (slightly smelly and damp) shoes, and it is not fun! Glad you got it sorted out.

Pacian said...

Trees! More trouble than they're worth.

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...