Saturday, December 10, 2011

better. yes.

OK...sorry for all the moping. It's really been a spectacularly sucky week...but slowly its all settling. It is what it is and life goes on. Things are starting to trickle back together...
A little bit of sleep and some coffee and I feel a bit more on the level now. Plus, my throat finally doesn't hurt anymore from when I burned it. It's nice to have some tea and coffee again. Perhaps I will try crunchy foods today. Oh to dream :)

Today I get to relax...finished off some inventory data entry leftover from work this morning and now I can get ready for a haircut and drop off tickets to a sponsor to sell for us. Our local group of crazies are throwing another party. Last time we sold out and it went well, so we're hoping this time it will be the same...this time it's space themed - called Anti-gravity. We're having fun with it - if you dress up like a robot you get a free drink. Free admission with a life-sized robot. We've lined up lots of good local bands and DJs in a venue with multiple rooms and are going to decorate the place up. I'm in charge of the bar and have a few good space themed drinks...should be fun. I am also building a giant astronaut chicken in a space ship for decor...the world needs more space chickens. I finally have a bit of free brain space to start getting excited about it. Hope it goes well...tomorrow is a massive decor session at our house to build robots for the party...so much tin foil...

Tonight I get to hang with my friend Heather who I haven't seen since Comic Con this summer. Ridiculous I know. See works in a lab up north and so she isn't home much and I've been a hermit...so except for email and texts we haven't talked in months and months...it will be good to catch up on everything and just relax and talk to someone about things that do not involve grad school, work or taxes. I really should start on my thesis before christmas...but that is next week. Not now. A little more normality is required...

I hope you all have a nice weekend. I'm going to stare at the tree a lot...drink some cocoa. Let life settle into it's new mode.

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...