Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So many questions...

As 2006 begins, I find the need to answer a series of random, nosy questions I found. I have no photos yet of Christmas as I'm too lazy to load them on the Mac , so this will fill the void until then...

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Went to the West Ed waterslides with my husband - he learned to swim and overcame a phobia of water this year. So cool to do that with him..we were like a couple of kids.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any, so none to break last year. This year, I've resolved to be more active. I'd actually like to be jogging again in the summer, but we'll see. I'll settle for just exercising more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yup, my sister in law and my friend both had baby girls.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, my old boss did tho rather suddenly.

5. What countries did you visit? Just Canada - to Vancouver. Had a fantastic time.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A painted living room. It's a big room. I've been ignoring it.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The Star Wars GOMP party. One of the coolest evenings ever.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Tie between making a octagon stained glass window for my uncle and having the whole family at the house for thanksgiving (over 40 people) without a hitch.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not using the exercisae machine downstairs as regularly as I'd hoped to.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No. It's been a good year...not sick or anything major this year. The odd sniffle, but nothing crazy.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Got J a Force FX lightsaber for Christmas. I share it vicariously.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My husband - the whole water thing.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? A friend - they are not themselves...very frustrating.

14. Where did most of your money go? the house and paying off our debts...how boring.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Doctor Who came back! Pete got married - Plus I got to go visit old friends I hadn't seen in eons in Vancouver along with that.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? "Swallowed in the Sea" by Coldplay

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or Sadder? happier

Thinner or Fatter? the same

Richer or Poorer? more cash, but more debt...so the same in the end.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Telling people how I felt or thought about them.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining about things I can't change

20. How did you be spend New Year's Eve? Went "camping" in the living room with Jay. Set up the tent and spent a romantic evening together...so very nice.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005? Already was...still am.

23. How many one-night stands? None - got a love already.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Battlestar Galactica

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.

26. What was the best book you read? Tigana by Guy Gavirel Kay

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Death Cab for Cutie.

28. What did you want and get? an iPod.

30. What was your favourite film of this year? Toss up between Serenity, Batman Begins and The Chronicles of Narnia movie.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Went out and had a campfire in the woods with friends. I was/still am 32.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Paying off our student loans with money I found buried in the back yard.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Comfy. A bit too casual maybe, but I haven't been shopping in a while. Jeans and fitted shirts for the most part. Anything nice I wear to work invariable gets wrecked, to it's tricky to get nice things that I actually wear...so most of it is older and plain.

34. What kept you sane? J

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I make it a habit to try not to be concerned with public figures, as I can't pretend to know them well enough to admire them. I've been in favor of what Jack Layton's been doing politically tho if that counts.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? The lack of speedy relief for the earthquake victims from Pakistan. Winter was coming and these people had nowhere to stay and nowhere to go...very sad.

37. Who did you miss? My old friend Karli. I've been trying to track her down...she's been MIA since she moved to England.

38. Who were the best new people you met? a few..don't like to name names.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Value the friends you have. Share random acts of happiness and make everyone's day a bit brighter, as your day and everyone else's will be so much better.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "That's where I belong, and you belong with me"

No comments:

Cunning Plans

 Life is wierd ya know. It seems a lot of things have been hitting me hard lately. Been distant from people, including my partner who is dea...